Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sometimes, I Do Creative Things...

I finally decided to start a blog that wasn't just for me to rant and rave about my life.  I mean, I do have other stuff going on other than bad dates.  Currently, it's mostly comic book-related, but I've also dabbled in film and web-related fun.  One of the purposes of this blog (as opposed to my other one), is to keep myself honest.  If I commit to posting regularly, it will hopefully keep me working and help me turn things out.  If not, well, then I'll feel guilty and hopeless.

However, for my initial post, a little blast from the past: samples from a short comic I wrote for Andy Schmidt's Comics Experience Writing Class.  The assignment was to write a fave-pager, and it had to have a clearly-defined beginning and end, so that it could be a stand alone story and not just a piece of something else you had written.  Mine came out very well, I feel.  In fact, much better than I anticipated.  The artist, whom John and I had commissioned to do some work on an upcoming(?) project, is named Mark Vuycankiat, and you should go like him on facebook here.  He's pretty amazing.




Anyway, those are just the pages without letters since I only had those in pdf form, and I didn't want to give everything away for free.  If you like the look and feel like you have to read it for yourself, the class put all of our stories in an anthology called Out of Our Minds, which can be purchased here, which also features the spectacular work of Paul Allor, who was probably the only writer in the class better than me.  Just kidding.  I was better. 

I should point out that John Hunt also graciously handled the lettering.  You can find some of his awesome coloring work here.  And I'm not saying this because he's my oldest friend (well, that too), but he is an amazing colorist and can turn things around really quick, so if you need a comic colored or lettered, hire this man.  Plus, he'll owe me big time.

Okay, enough links for one day.  But it's a start on a new blog.  Hope you all enjoy the ride.  Both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment